Club secretaries: you can now update your teamsheet appearances, goalscorers, red/yellow c ... continue
Year formed: 1920.
Ground: Lincoln Road, Stamford. PE9 1SH. Tel: 01780-757835.
Directions: From Stamford town centre take A6121 to Bourne. After passing retail park turn left into Lincoln Road, ground on right.
Chairman: Kevin Boor
Secretary: Ian MacGillivray, 20 New Road, Ryhall, Stamford, Lincs, PE9 4HL. Tel: 01780-762263. e-mail: Imacgilli@aol.com
Manager: Tony Lowther. Assistant: Bob Green.
Programme Editor: Kevin Boor, 17 Parkfield Road, Ryhall, Stamford, Lincs. PE9 4ER. Tel: 01780-754584. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Colours: White and black; change colours: orange and black.
The first club with links to Blackstones was the Rutland Ironworks who can be traced back to 1891. Three years later they merged with the Town club, initially carrying the Ironworks name until changing to Stamford Town in 1896.
At the conslusion of WW1 Blackstones carried off the Peterborough League ritle in 1919, but the club folded the following season. In 1921 the club reemerged as the Rutland Engineering Works, playing in the Peterborough League top flight until 1929 when they joined the Stamford and Deeping Leagues, winning both at the first attempt. This club disappeared from the scene by 1933 but five years later the next Blackstones club saw the light of day playing in the Stamford and Peterborough Leagues.
Post war the club joined the Peterborough League in 1949, but dropped to the Stamford League in 1951. When they returned to the Peterborough League in 1959 they remained for 25 years.
In 1960-61 Stones won promotion to Division Two and lifted four local cups. Another promotion followed twelve months later but Division One football was to last just one season. It was 1969 before Stones stepped back up and seven years later they won the Division championship to make the step up to the Premier.
In 1977-78 Stones finished fourth in the Peterborough Premier and the following season saw them compete in the FA Vase for the first time. In 1984 they joined the UCL and promotion to the Premier Division followed in 1987. Floodlights were installed at Lincoln Road, these were opened by Aston Villa in a 2-2 draw.
Stones claimed their first major trophy in 1993, winning the Lincs Senior Cup A by beating Bourne 2-1 after extra time. Two years later they reached the Hinchingbrooke Cup final losing 5-1 to Bedford Town and two years later they were Evans Halshaw Floodlit Cup runners up.
Recent seasons have seen the club's reputation as cup fighters further enhanced. In 2003 the League Knockout Cup was won with a 4-0 demolition of Buckingham at Kingsthorpe Mill, while the reserves were runners up in the second string competition. The Reserve Knockout Cup was won a year later while Stones were awarded the Lincs Senior Cup A after their final conquerors Barton fielded an ineligible player in their 2-0 success. Blackstones also reached the final of the Hinchingbrooke Cup, losing 5-1 to Yaxley.
In the closing years of the 20th century the club's future came under threat as landlords Invensys unveiled plans to sell the Lincoln Road site for development but after a six year dispute the long term future of the ground was secured by the purchase of the site by the Sports & Social club in 2003.
Lincolnshire FA Senior Trophy
Reserve League Cup
Reserve Division One
To remove highlight click on Clubs (top right hand corner)